Jazz Networks, founded in May 2016, is taking on the demanding technical challenges of fixing enterprise data and network security. Using the latest advancements in machine learning, and involving handling real-time events at huge scale, we are creating products that will challenge the industry norm and break boundaries.
For the last two decades, we’ve been consistently putting together the best R&D teams, building top-class network and communication technology companies that have sold for $270 million, $3.4 billion, and most recently $700 million. We know how to challenge and disrupt a technology market, and have fun on the way.
We are looking for extremely bright, experienced engineers to join us as Systems and Platform Software Engineers in our R&D team in Uxbridge (West London) and use their understanding of all layers of the software stack from OS to application in order to research, architect, prototype, implement, integrate, test, debug and deliver the platform for our full stack product.
You’re a passionate technologist with impressive programming abilities. You’re willing to jump into any part of the software stack and learn as you go. You’re not committed to any one tool, but like to use the right tool for the job. You take pride in what you do, always leaving things a little cleaner than you found them. You’re interested in building software as a craft, as committed to writing airtight tests as you are to implementing new features.
You can demonstrate outstanding technical ability, and want a career where your creative abilities will make a difference to the world of technology and where you will be part of an impressive R&D environment.
Experience & skills
You must have strong competence as a Systems and Platform Software Engineer, including understanding of:
- Containerization technologies: Docker and Kubernetes
- Virtualization technologies, for example VMWare, Virtualbox, AWS, Azure or others
- Software development in any language
- Mentoring and technical leadership
Your experience with any particular language, operating system or technology isn’t critical, but experience in any of the following would be an advantage:
- Software development in Golang, C, Java or Python
- Kernel and device driver development for Linux, Mac and/or Windows
- Database technologies including SQL and No-SQL
- Observability technologies, logging and metrics
- Security principles including PKI, certificates and cryptography
- Full time
- Cutting edge technical challenge
- Attractive salary / equity
- Visa sponsorship available