As our 2nd IT Support Engineer you will provide 1st line - 2nd line technical support across our global company infrastructure. This role is to be part of a small IT team to manage the infrastructure and related support issues, escalating where necessary to experienced team members.
Ava is a fast-growing company utilizing a wide range of open source technologies as well as Internet based SaaS solutions, such as G-Suite and Zoom, along with infrastructure in AWS and Google clouds. This provides great scope to learn and develop for an enthusiastic person seeking to broaden their skills and experience in IT in what is primarily a Non-Microsoft environment. While the list below is not exhaustive, it does not preclude applications from those who do not have knowledge or experience of all of it as on the job training can be provided for any potential gaps.
This role would suit a technical all-rounder with a real passion for learning more in the world of tech and an interest in growing with the company. If you have experienced managing and prioritizing support cases in a busy environment and the ability to find the answer to a problem with internet searches you may be the person we are looking for!
- Provide first line support for all staff, acting as the first port of call for all requests and incidents.
- Assist with the setup of equipment and with the on/offboarding of starters/leavers in line with the agreed company process.
- Complete research into identifying problems and developing appropriate solutions.
- Providing end-user technical support, workarounds and resolutions in a timely manner.
- Managing the life cycle of incidents and requests from end-users.
- Keeping end-users informed of progress of incidents or requests, advising of possible workarounds and resolutions.
- Support and maintenance of end-user services.
- Provide technical support for multi-function devices, Telephony equipment and other specialized IT equipment. Escalate issues to relevant vendors/support functions as needed.
- Restore normal service operation as quickly as possible, and minimize any adverse effect on business operations, making sure that the best possible levels of service quality and availability are maintained.
- To administer and maintain User accounts, technical policy and file access control to agreed standards.
Desirable experience and skills
A good understanding of network technologies and protocols is required, including: DNS, DHCP, WiFi, Ethernet, IP Routing, Layer 2/Switching/MAC, PKI/SSL/TLS, Packet filtering/Firewalls
Experience using and/or installing and supporting any or all of the following would be advantageous: git (Gitlab), Windows 7⁄10, Linux (We primarily use Ubuntu), Microsoft Office/Office365, Active Directory, G-Suite (Formerly Google apps), AWS, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), VMWare/KVM/ Virtualization, Printers.
The ideal candidate will have some or all of the following qualifications: Microsoft Certified: Solutions Associate, AWS Cloud Practitioner, Google Associate Cloud Engineer, Cisco Certified Network Associate, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network +, CompTIA Security +, CompTIA Linux +, Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Full time
- Attractive salary / equity
- Visa sponsorship available
- Additional company benefits based on location