A side of cyber security that hasn’t received a lot of attention until now has been challenges revolving around insider threats. An insider threat is a person with privileged access to your network and data, who has either been tricked into giving third party actors access or who him- or herself is behaving negligently, or has dishonest and malicious intentions.
At Jazz Networks, we are taking this problem seriously, and our goal is to make the world’s best platform for revealing and acting on insider threats. We want to help our customers protect what matters the most; their employees, their data, and their reputation.
A few months after we initially launched our product, we won a competition hosted by the US Cyber Command for best threat hunting solution, beating big established cyber security actors. We’re set to disrupt the security industry and create a world, class offering that will make a real difference.
We’re currently in the final stages of merging with our sister company Vaion. Where Jazz Networks is addressing the cyber security space, Vaion is addressing physical security. Together we’ll become ‘Ava’- the future leader in unified security, set to create a complete security ecosystem for protection of people, assets, and businesses.
About the position
We’re looking for a UX Designer who wants to be a part of our design and front-end team at Fornebu, just outside Oslo Norway. Your job will consist of designing and developing new and existing features in our cyber security solution. Together with our physical security department, you will also get the opportunity to shape what our unified security solution looks like.
Our platform is continuously gathering vast amounts of information, and it will be your responsibility to offer this information to the end user in an effective and user-friendly way.
While helping companies reveal insider threats, it is important to remember to develop any solution in an ethical way, with a focus on privacy and legislation.
Beyond being a creative force, it’s important that you are analytical and tech-savvy. Your job as a designer at Jazz Networks will be to create great solutions by balancing user needs with an understanding of good design, advanced technology, and business.
It is important that you master a wide range of design tools and techniques, and that you’re able to develop wireframes, interactive prototypes, as well as manage and develop our current design library and processes. Even though you’re not expected to be an artistic graphic designer, it is an advantage if you have a solid understanding of layout, compositions, colors, and typography to be able to deliver designs of high graphical quality.
You must be able to understand, structure, and convey complex information in an easily understandable and user-friendly way. It’s also an advantage if you have some experience with programming in a design context, like for creating interactive prototypes. If you have experience working with and visualizing large data sets, that’s also considered a plus. However, what’s most important, is that you’re passionate about creating great user experiences on screen.
We’re looking for an UX/UI/digital designer with 5+ years of experience who has worked with a broad spectrum of projects in the tech industry.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Conceptualize, design, and follow up implementation of new functionality in close collaboration with product management, and front-end and back-end developers.
- Improve current work processes and tools, both in regards to processes and tools.
- Stay up to date with the latest developments within design and technology, and suggest short- and long-term solutions.
We’re expecting you to be proactive, to take ownership of the product, and to make decisions that will benefit the company. Our organization is still fairly small, and you will have the opportunity to shape our product.
What we offer
- Newly refurbished and modern offices with a view of the fjord at Technopolis in Fornebu, right outside Oslo Norway.
- An international group of colleagues, working with anything from hardware, software, user experience, artificial intelligence, machine learning, audio/video processing, and analytics, mechanical, and industrial design.
- Competitive salary with possibility for stock options.
- A startup with solid financial backing and long-term horizon.
- Weekly circuit training with PT, and free fitness and workout facilities.
- Travel opportunities, as we also have R&D offices in London and sales offices in the US.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a master’s degree in ux/interaction design or similar. Optionally, a lower or different degree with relevant experience.
- Has a passion for design and user experience, who understands that good design is about more than just pixels on screen.
- Has experience with modern design tools like Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, inVision, Framer, Zeplin, or similar.
- Has good communication and interpersonal skills. Is proficient in English.
It’s also considered a bonus if you:
- Have experience with programming and data visualization using d3, processing/processing.js, or similar.
- Have experience with photo and video editing.
- Enjoy ping-pong, frisbeegolf, chess, ricochet robots, or other games.